Welcome to the homepage of Jack M. Rosenthal
Here are some things you may be looking for:
- Curriculum Vitae (HTML format, PDF format, Plain Text (reStructuredText) format)
- My GitHub
- Office Hours for Spring 2018 (anyone is welcome to come, not limited to just my CSCI-400 students)
- Principles of Programming Languages (Spring 2018)
- My Python Courses:
- C-START UNC Course
- Some of my hacks (in no particular order):
- CS@Mines Puzzle Challenge
- WAR with Auction Rounds
- The 3l keyboard layout
- Parqyng Lots:
A project for the Xilinx PYNQ Hackathon in Fall 2017 that measures car
enterances and exits from parking lots using arrays of motion sensors.
The sensors update a TurboGears 2 web app with displays on which parking
lots have spots. This project won 1st place at the hackathon.
Have to use Slack for something important and hate using it? Get a daily
digest of Slack messages in your Email account, and respond directly from
Email. You'll never have to open Slack again.
- Play a game of Mastermind against a computer codebreaker AI?
- CSM DirSearch Python Library: Search the Mines directory from the command line, Python, and from Mutt
- CSM NetReg CLI: Register MAC addresses on the Mines network from the command line
automatic text selections and clipboard manipulations) using a
- Debannerizer: Scrape course schedule data from Self Service Banner and build a normalized SQL database
- Shadow Recruit Shell: A bash-like UNIX shell
- srtop: A top-like clone
- mikmodvis: Visualize chiptunes using ncurses
- voteserver: Vote on things using netcat!
- suicide: An esoteric programming language. Not for the faint of heart.
- Elephant Stack: A concatenative (Forth-like) programming language with dynamic scoping
- BlitzLocker: A password manager for Salesforce development sites (browser independent)
- BashNET Navajo: A feature-rich HTTP server written in Bash
- FanMap: FC Bayern HackDays project
A blockchain based medical record system using IPFS, including a
reference implementation using TurboGears 2 (MinneHack 2018 Hackathon Project)
- My Computer Collection
- Hacking Docutils (plus, reStructuredText, Sphinx, and the like)
- Keygens for your Brain: how to generate keys for Windows 95, NT 4, and the like
- Mines ACM Chapter
- Mines Linux Users Group
Here's a fun quote:
A virtual filesystem? I don't know what you are trying to achieve,
but there's probably a better way.
This quote is changed every few minutes, so come back later for
more fun quotes!
and is best viewed in any web browser.
This site is mirrored on Illuminate and
Note: The Mines
Personal Homepage Disclaimer may be in effect.